Playing Rules and Regulations:
This league is recreational in nature, statistics and standings are not kept. There will not be a final. If a team has less than 7 players on any particular game we encourage teams to lend players – pinnies will be made available at the SPIPLEX.
- Teams will play with 7 players on the field including the goalkeeper.
- All games are 45 minutes in duration.
- For the safety of all participants, only turf shoes, indoor flats or running shoes are permitted.
- All players must wear shin guards.
- No jewelry is permitted.
- The ball will be kicked in, not thrown-in.
- A goal CANNOT be scored directly on a kick-in (including a corner kick).
- A goal can be scored directly from a kick-off.
Substitution of players with the exception of the goalkeeper may be made at any time during the game provided the substitute does not enter the field of play until the player being replaced is within 1 meter of the bench area. The substitution of the goalkeeper must be done during a stoppage in play.
If the ball makes contact with the ceiling, play will be stopped and an indirect free kick will be awarded to the team that did not have possession of the ball when it was kicked.
- There is NO offside offense in indoor soccer.
- A player may slide to save a ball or to score.
- No slide tackles against an opponent!
All red cards will be reviewed any further sanctioned will be imposed by the league at its own discretion. Cumulatively, three yellows will result in a 1 game suspension.
All free-kicks are indirect excluding FIFA penal offences in the penalty area. Players must remain 5 meters from the ball on a free kick.
For a detailed list of all playing rules (PDF 30kb) and fouls & misconduct (PDF 50kb)
Any questions or concerns feel free to contact us at the SPIPLEX. Have fun!